Tuesday, September 24, 2013

CHARACTER STUDY (I)

I sat quietly on my bed as I gazed around at my room, the same one I had claimed as mine for 6 long years. Once full of all my personal belongings, everything from books to clothing, my room was again as it started; completely empty. Everything that had once filled this room was packed in my car, waiting for me in the drive way, or else passed on to my sisters or Goodwill. Thinking about this brought all-too-familiar pains to my stomach; an interesting mix of nervous butterflies and nausea. Though I was excited about the idea of moving out, something I had thought about since the first weeks of my Senior year, I was also terrified. So much could go wrong. But so much could go right. That's why I had picked a destination so far from what I was used to, right? I desired a true fresh start, with new people in a new location, where I would hopefully be lucky enough to encounter all sorts of new ideas and ways of thinking that I definitely wouldn't have been exposed to in Santa Maria. As I grabbed the last few items in my room, headphones, a phone charger, my favorite book, and my old favorite teddy bear, I started downstairs to exchange see you soon's and i love you's with my family and friends waiting downstairs for my departure.

No comments:

Post a Comment